Art and Culture Pillar Activity
Latest Pillar Activity
Arts and Culture Pillar
Recent Pillar Meeting: Tuesday 28 February, 2012
- Pillar Leader and Deputy Leader Election – Cr Granger, (Deputy Mayor, Heritage Portfolio, City of Greater Geelong) was voted in as Leader with Janice Lane, Manager, Community Development (Surf Coast Shire) as Deputy Leader.
- Arts Directory - Kaz Paton advised the URL hot link has been sent to all Councils to upload onto their websites. Searching by geographical location cannot be done at this stage.
- Economic Development Strategy – The next draft of the Economic Development Strategy is anticipated to be available for sub-committee distribution in January 2012 before full Pillar distribution in February. A “Sector Killer Group Workshop” is proposed in January (date and time to be set) with a representative from each sector ie sport and recreation, arts & culture, to make comment on the next draft in a workshop.
- Revised Project Register - Update to the project register template, incorporating secondary and priority projects has been undertaken.
- Success Indicators - The Pillar agreed to look at applying success indicators across all projects.
- Meetings 2012 – Dates for meetings in 2012 have been set as follows, February 28th, May 29th, August 28th and November 27th. It was agreed meetings will revolve around the five municipalities with the first meeting to be held at Surf Coast’s new Council Offices. Four meetings per year with one networking event to be held at the end of the year.
- Networking and Christmas drinks - took place following the meeting with the Curator
Next Pillar Meeting: Tuesday 9 May, 2012