Economic Development Pillar Activity
Latest Pillar Activity
Economic Development Pillar
Recent Pillar Meeting: 2 May, 2012
The meeting was held at COPACC, Colac. The meeting focused on the following:
- The Pillar project register was reviewed. Terry Demeo updated the meeting on the status of the Qantas maintenance operations at Avalon Airport. Mark Kelly advised the meeting of the funding success of the Australian Sports Technology Venture cluster.
- Ed Coppe advised that he would retire from his pillar leadership role at the next meeting. New pillar leadership will be chosen at the June meeting.
- Terry Demeo presented the draft G21 Economic Development Strategy.
- Terry Demeo presented the draft G21 Regional Growth Plan.
- Status of the Alcoa review was discussed. We await the results announcement by Alcoa. CoGG is developing a response plan.
- Bernadette Uzelac presented an update of Geelong Chamber of Commerce current priorities and activities.
- Kevin Murphy (Deakin University) and Bill Winter (management consultant) will become pillar members.
Next Pillar Meeting: Tuesday 5 June, 2012