Education and Training Pillar Activity
Latest Pillar Activity
Education and training Pillar
Recent Pillar Meeting: Thursday 29 March, 2012
Key Issues and Decisions:
- Elaine Carbines recognised Anne-Marie Ryan on behalf of the G21 Board for her diligent, determined and devoted work for the E&T Pillar and G21 over the last decade. A presentation was also made to Georgina Ryder for acting as Chair of the Pillar in 2011 and providing direction and focus pending the appointment of a new Pillar Leader.
- The Pillar has expanded its membership to include DEEWR and the Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology.
- The Pillar has developed a project for regional education and training mapping to align with the G21 Regional Economic Development Strategy and the G21 Regional Growth Plan, without which neither of these is likely to succeed. A working group has formed to advance this project, and a number of related activities being undertaken has been recognised.
- The Pillar has been briefed on proposals to develop the Geelong English Language School, Northern Gateway Workforce Strategy and a partnership with Pulse radio to provide public information relevant to the Pillar’s goals. The Pillar’s response to these projects will be issues at the forthcoming facilitated strategic planning session set for 29 March.
- A meeting with the H&WB Pillar leadership has been arranged to discuss areas of common ground and where work might be mutually supportive.
Next Meeting: Thursday 7 June, 2012