Environment Pillar Activity
Latest Pillar Activity
Recent Pillar Meeting: Monday 2 April, 2012
- Regional Catchment Strategy is required to be submitted to the Minister by October 1, 2012.
- Barwon Sustainability Hub - Final report received from consultants. LGA’s to be briefed. Concept Plan for a preferred site has been developed.
- Asbestos Pilot Project - A website has been developed regarding ‘what is asbestos and how to manage it.
- Climate Resilience Communities Project – currently working on Terms of Reference, Governance arrangements and Deed of Reference.
- Pillar Strategic Direction - Elaine Carbines, Gareth Smith and Cr Andy Richards to work towards a facilitated workshop in September.
- A new Carbon Accounting & Management Course will run at the Gordon TAFE. Course to run over a three day period – April 17 & 24 and May 1.
- Expression of Interest to be the lead agency to work with Aussie Vic School program in partnership with others.
- Living Melbourne Living Victoria paper to be launched in the near future.
- Community Energy Efficiency Program (CEEP) funding – submitted application for $1 million funds to assist Small Medium Enterprises. (SME’s)
- Funding has been secured from the Port Phillip CMA to provide City of Greater Geelong $100,000 to undertake pest plant, animal control and revegetation works on private land.
- The City of Greater Geelong is partnering with Geelong Sustainability Group to coordinate Sustainable House Day program/activities.
- Colac Otway Shire - 2010-2012 EMS Action Plan up for review.
Next Pillar Meeting: Monday 4 June, 2012