Environment Pillar Update
The Environmental Pillar had its first meeting for 2019 and agreed the projects for focus during this year. These include:
- Barwon River Parklands (CCMA).
- Barwon River Ministerial Advisory Committee (DELWP).
- Northern and Western Growth Areas IWM (BW/COGG) in conjunction with the planning pillar.
- Caring for our Bays.
- Climate Resilient Communities (COS).
- Our Coast (COGG).
- Barwon South West Renewable Energy Roadmap (DELWP/ BW).
- Colac Geelong Web (BW).
- Waste – Food Organics (BSWWRRG).
- Distinctive Landscapes for the Bellarine and Surf Coast (DELWP and Councils) in conjunction with the Planning Pillar.
- Great Ocean Rd Framework and Landscapes (DELWP) in conjunction with the Planning Pillar.
There was agreement to ensure alignment of projects being delivered under the Corangamite Catchment Partnership Agreements and the Barwon Integrated Water Management Forum and acknowledgement that G21’s role was to assist in advocating for these regional projects being delivered in these forums.
Proposed meeting topics for this year include:
- Barwon River – Parklands Strategy and MAC – April 2019 Meeting.
- Renewable Energy Roadmap and Projects – June 2019 Meeting.
- Waste / E-Waste and Weeds and Pests – August 2019 Meeting.
- Water (IWM) and Environment for the North and West Growth areas – October 2019 Meeting.