Planning & Services Pillar Update
Latest Pillar Activity
Planning and Services Pillar
The Pillar met on 9 August 2019.
- The pillar heard from David Harland – Chief Executive Eden Project International and the team from Alcoa on the proposed tourism project at Anglesea.
- Mia Davison and Rebecca Sinclair from DELWP provided an update on progress of the Distinctive Areas and Landscapes project for Surf Coast and the Bellarine.
- Simon Loader of Tract Consultants provided an update on progress of the CORA project.
- Progress of six of the pillar projects were discussed – Avalon Corridor Strategy, Northern and Western Geelong Growth Areas, Spring Creek Urban Growth Area, Colac 2050, Apollo Bay Harbour, Growing Winchelsea, Bannockburn Growth Plan and major road projects underway.
- There was good interest in Barwon Water’s Water for our Future program and the next meeting will include more information on Water for our Future and the G21 Region Water Security priority.