Sport & Recreation Pillar update
The G21 Sport and Recreation Pillar met on 3 June with representation from all LGAs and other key stakeholders.
The pillar discussion included:
• Sport and Recreation Pillar endorsement of the G21 & Cricket Victoria Barwon Regional Cricket Strategy.
• Updates on the Kardinia Park Masterplan, Waurn Ponds Precinct, Basketball (Stage 1 – Governance and programming) and Golf planning work.
. Outlining the development of State of Play reports for each existing Strategy (AFL Barwon, Soccer and Tennis).
• Discussion on Joint Use Agreements with the Education sector.
• Updates on responses received from sports that could benefit from potential future strategic work including netball, bowls, cycling, sailing and motorsport.
• An update from each representative on their current work which was a valuable exercise to share information and learnings.
G21 Regional Hockey Strategy
The Final Strategy has been endorsed by 4 of the 5 Councils. Following confirmation from the remaining LGA, the G21 Regional Hockey Strategy will be presented to the G21 Board for noting.
G21 Regional Cricket Strategy
The G21 & Cricket Victoria Barwon Regional Cricket Strategy draft document was endorsed by the G21 Sport & Recreation Pillar on Monday 3 June.
A comprehensive feedback process was undertaken prior to the finalisation of the draft to ensure stakeholders were unanimous in their support for the Strategy. The Strategy will now go to each respective Council for endorsement and then presented to the G21 Board for noting.
Next Meeting: September 2