Social & Economic Profiling
Interested in looking closely at the G21 region's economic and social profile?
Economic and social data based on the 2016 Census for the G21 region is available by clicking on the profiling tool links below:
Community Profiling tool (powered by .id):
G21 Region Community Profile
Social Atlas featuring 2016 and 2011 Census data (powered by .id):
G21 Region Social Atlas
The Atlas includes more than 100 different maps which can be exported to show the spatial distribution of demographic characteristics at any zoom level. An analysis tab also shows the data-breakdown by Local Government Area.
Economic Profiling tool (powered by REMPLAN):
G21 Region Economic Profile
This site contains an enormous range of curated data sets, all interactive and adaptable to local areas.
Open the site and go to the ‘Statistics & Data’ menu. Select the data-type you are seeking. An Excel spreadsheet will open which will allow you to search by municipality for the data you want.
Please note: the site is hosted on the City of Greater Dandenong’s website on behalf of the state’s municipalities.
A Snapshot of our region:
- In 2019 the estimated resdient population of the G21 region is 332,073 persons.
- The region's population is increasing at approximately 6,300 persons per year; an average annual growth rate of 2.5%.
- More than two-thirds of the region’s population live in the City of Greater Geelong municipality.
Estimated 2019 population figures for each of the five G21 region municipal areas is:
- City of Greater Geelong – 257,180
- Surf Coast Shire – 32,651
- Golden Plains Shire – 23,384
- Colac Otway Shire – 21,648
- Borough of Queenscliffe – 2,980
Please note: Based on 2016 Census population figures incorporating updated estimate data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2018.