Social & Economic Profiling
Interested in looking closely at the G21 region's economic and social profile?
Economic and social data based on the 2016 Census for the G21 region is available by clicking on the profiling tool links below:
- Community Profiling tool (powered by .id):
- Social Atlas featuring 2016 and 2011 Census data (powered by .id):
[The Atlas includes more than 100 different maps which can be exported to show the spatial distribution of demographic characteristics at any zoom level. An analysis tab also shows the data-breakdown by Local Government Area.]
- Economic Profiling tool (powered by REMPLAN):
A Snapshot of our region:
- In 2017 the estimated resdient population of the G21 region was 322,972 persons.
- The region's population increased by approximately 6,300 persons per year between 2011 and 2017; an average annual growth rate of 2.1%.
- More than two-thirds of the region’s population live in the City of Greater Geelong municipality.
Estimated population figures for each of the five (5) G21 region municipal areas is:
- City of Greater Geelong – 244,800
- Surf Coast Shire – 31,320
- Golden Plains Shire – 22,480
- Colac Otway Shire – 21,440
- Borough of Queenscliffe – 2,930
Please note: Based on 2016 Census population figures incorporating updated estimate data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in late 2017.