Health & Wellbeing Pillar Update
Latest Pillar Activity
Health and Wellbeing Pillar
The G21 HWB Pillar provides ongoing support for the following projects:
- Connected Communities project – a funded project that is exploring the key indicators that result in social isolation and loneliness for young people 16 – 24 living in the region. This work will then be shared with service system organisations, local government and state government in order to understand the actions that need to be undertaken.
- Healthy Eating, Active Living (HEAL) – a collective of 14 agencies that are working to improve the health and wellbeing of communities across the region.
- Working with Barwon Health to continue their excellent work in workplace responses to smoking; supporting people to stop smoking and to develop cultures that mean smoking will not be as prevalent in future generations.
- Health Alliance development of a prevention of violence against women tool kit – this is a significant piece of work that will be used in a range of health settings.
- Responding to the Parliamentary Inquiry into Homelessness.
- Review of the G21 Growing Up in G21 Report
The HWB Pillar holds regular Roundtable discussions that address policy and practice – these Roundtables will continue in 2020.