Transport Pillar Update
A meeting of the G21 Transport Pillar took place on February 12, 9.00 am – 12.00 am at Deakin Waurn Ponds.
The G21 Transport Pillar convened a Planning Forum with its members on 12 February 2020. The objectives of the forum were to:
- Review the status of the current G21 Transport Pillar projects
- Identify potential strategic projects for consideration by the G21 Transport Pillar and G21 Board.
- Provide a deeper level of engagement between local and state government, association members, Councillors and other key stakeholders that collectively represent the Transport Pillar with the intent of developing a shared sense of focus for the region’s transport future.
The forum was facilitated by Kismet Forward’s Jen Lilburn and guided by CEO, Elaine Carbines and Chair, Karly Lovell.
The Transport Pillar agreed on some important changes to the current project list and structure and seek endorsement of these changes from the G21 Board.
- Consolidate (where appropriate) the list of projects that are currently identified for advocacy under the current priority project banners- being Regional Rail Connections and Regional Roads Connections.
- Introduce two additional projects to the G21 Transport Pillars priority projects:
- Develop an overarching Regional Integrated Transport Strategy
- Advocate for the region to be the centre for innovation and trials in the transport and mobility space in Victoria.
Next Meeting: April 7.